TMS Therapy IS NOT for those who...
- Have a diagnosis of dementia or Epilepsy or other seizure disorder
- Are actively abusing substances
- Have any type of ferromagnetic metal in their head (with the exception of braces, dental fillings, or titanium). Failure to follow this rule could cause the object to heat up, move, or malfunction, and result in serious injury or death.
- The following list of metal implants can prevent a patient from receiving TMS:
• Cochlear implants
• Artificial Cardiac Pacemaker
• Aneurysm clips or coils
• Stents in the neck or brain
• Deep brain stimulators
• Electrodes to monitor brain activity
• Metallic implants in your ears or eyes
• Shrapnel or bullet fragments in or near the head
• Facial tattoos with metallic or magnetic- sensitive ink
If you're still not sure if TMS Therapy is right for you, contact one of our Patient Advocates