April 17th is World Health Day -- This year the World Health Organization is highlighting Depression -- with the goal of inviting and encouraging people into better health.
- Depression is a common mental disorder.
- Globally, more than 300 million people of all ages suffer from depression.
- Depression is the leading cause of disability worldwide, and is a major contributor to the overall global burden of disease.
- More women are affected by depression than men.
- At its worst, depression can lead to suicide.
- There are effective treatments for depression.