PRESS RELEASE: November 1, 2018
NeuroStar® TMS Therapy, a Drug-free Treatment Option for Depression, Is Now Available In Montrose, Colorado!
TMS Solutions' Co-founder Christopher Blackburn is pleased to announce the opening of their newest office, located in Montrose, where they will now be treating patients suffering from treatment resistant depression utilizing NeuroStar's revolutionary TMS Therapy®. TMS Solutions' newest Treatment Center is located at 1404 Hawk Parkway, Suite 310 in the Milestone Building at the South end of Montrose across from Walmart.
About TMS Therapy:
TMS Solutions' Co-founder Blackburn was excited to make the announcement, and along with Dr. Paula Trautner, have begun treating patients for their depression. Trautner is a Psychiatry Specialist in Montrose, Colorado. She graduated with honors from University of Colorado School of Medicine in 1980. With over 38 years of diverse
Blackburn noted that the NeuroStar TMS Therapy System is FDA approved and “indicated for the treatment of Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) in adult patients who have failed to receive satisfactory improvement from prior antidepressant medication in the current episode.” Blackburn added that in their TMS Solutions Treatment Centers they are seeing:
- More than 80% of patients experiencing a significant decrease in their symptoms.
- While 47% are gaining full remission from their disease.
TMS Therapy is a promising tool for treating depression, and is outside of the normal pharmacological/medicinal box in which doctors have been treating this illness. This is great news for patients suffering from depression, and for doctors to have another tool in their arsenal for treating the disease that affects upwards of 16 million Americans.
- TMS Therapy is a drug-free treatment for depression.
- TMS Therapy is covered by all major insurance companies and Medicare.
- TMS Therapy is a non-systemic treatment, meaning it does not circulate in the bloodstream.
- It is also non-invasive, in that it does not involve surgery.
- The process directs a highly-focused MRI-strength magnetic field pulse to a specific part of the brain, which leads to activation of cortical and deep brain structures known to be involved in mood regulation, as shown in the image above.
- The treatment is administered daily for 6 weeks.
Blackburn, in addition to his business development duties, is also a patient advocate, working with patients and their insurers. Patients considering TMS treatment can go to www.tmssolutions.com for more information, or talk with their doctor or Mr. Blackburn to see if they are candidates for this treatment.
If you or someone you care about is suffering from depression, and in the Montrose area, click the link below and let's talk about if TMS Therapy is right for you, or them.